Monday, September 10, 2007

tiny presbyterians.

sunday school started yesterday morning. i'm teaching 3 and 4 year olds, so it's pretty fantastic. kids at that age are still curious, positive thinkers. it's really refreshing. i know i'm always going on about the o.t., but it's horrifying when you have to relay it to such innocent little people. next week i have to tell them that joseph's brothers hated him so much they threw him in a pit and told their father he'd been killed by wild animals, only to come back later and sell him into slavery. screw saw 4 friends, just read the o.t.

i told my brother about a few of the cute kids in the class and he said, "humans are so stupid when they're young," or something equally smart-assed. he'll come around. he likes cats now, it's only a matter of time before he's got 5 little vegan babies running around making him crazy. one can hope.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's one of my problems with that painting: I don't think they had springer spaniels back then.

I hope you get to tell the story of Ehud and King Eglon.

alex beer said...

I always liked the verse where those teenagers were making fun of Elisha and God got some she-bears to maul them. There were older boys at my church when I was little that said I wore diapers and made fun of my suspenders that my mom got me. I prayed a lot and they were annihilated by snapping turtles at the church picnic.


Here's some ridiculous biblical scholarship to justify the verses I described above:

http://www.christian-thinktank.com/qmeanelisha.html