Friday night Chris & I saw Bela Fleck and the Flecktones at the Chicago Theater. If you've never heard them, you've got to download some of their music. It was a pricey show, but completely worth it. Our seats were pretty decent, and the musicians blew my mind. They are some of the most talented musicians around:
-Bela Fleck on the banjo, playing so fast my brain hurt
-Vicor Wooten, a phenominal bassist and a favorite of Chris'
-Roy Wooten (FutureMan), the drummer who plays an instrument he crafted called the drumitar, which is a drum that looks and is played like a guitar, crazy good
-Jeff Coffin, INSANE horn/sax player who at one point played TWO saxaphones at once!
Anyway, I seriously recommend you check these guys out. I also saw them play a few years ago outside at Fredrick Meijer Gardens with Squaw, Kevo, and Stephanie. A good show is always worth raving about. So any-who I've been pumped up about music all weekend and realizing how much I need a job so I can go to more shows. I spent Saturday night drinking at Rock Bottom and Clark Street Ale House (free shots)with Jenny, Anna & Dave, Chris, and his friend Brian Reed. Last night Jenny & I were virtually dead from our weekend so we vegged out & watched a couple of movies with Chris. Super relaxing.
This week is going to be pretty busy with NeoCon going on at the Merchandise Mart, but I'm excited to go and see what they have to offer. I'm still deciding about coming to MI to see Joseph Owen this weekend, but if I do head back I'll give all you 616 babes a call. Take care bitches!
Monday, June 12, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment